What is a Rasul?
The Rasul thermal mud treatment is a traditional Arabian inspired cleansing treatment that combines the health enhancing properties of heat, steam and mud for a totally relaxing and skin conditioning treatment in a magical and sensory private environment with twinkling lights and aromatic vapours.
Benefits of a Rasul
The physiology of perspiration includes the fact that perspiration assists the body in expelling toxic wastes, regulates body temperature, and invigorates our largest organ, the skin.
The metabolic effects of a Rasul treatment have a positive influence when negative ions are released in the air. A more subtle spiritual and social benefit of a Rasul experience also contributes to a heightened sense of well-being.
Medical studies show that frequent rasul bathing, which is an extended and controlled exposure to warm, moist/dry air, aids tension relief through muscle relaxation. The elimination of toxins through opened pores keeps the circulatory system running smoothly.
This natural process called “hypothermia”, takes place when the body is exposed to heat. The blood supply to the skin is increased and heat is lost from the warm blood by radiation, conduction and convection. The body then resorts to evaporation to increase its heat loss and perspirations takes place. Blood is flushed to the capillaries causing a lowering of blood pressure thereby increasing the heart rate or stroke volume.
When the body sweats it cleanses from within, by releasing unwanted wastes and toxins. Sweat primarily consists of 99% water; it also contains salts, antibodies, Vitamin C, metabolic waste of Urea, Uric acid, ammonia, and lactic acid. The combined affects of heat, sweating and water can reduce the feeling of stress in most people; the relaxing effects can promote hormonal change to take place within the body resulting in the suppression of the stress hormone, It can also reduce muscle spasm, relieve inflammation and balance blood pressure by the narrowing and dilation of blood vessels.
For best results wrap yourself in a clean towel and sit or recline in the rasul. Gently massage any painful areas.
Drink plenty of water during and after a rasul session.
What to expect during your Rasul treatment
Total Treatment Time = 45minutes
Pre – Rasul:
Application Period 7minutes
- Self-application of Detoxifying Body & Muscle Essential Oil Clay Lotions are applied to specific areas of the body as explained by your therapist.
In the Rasul:
Drying Period 5 minutes
- Sit back & relax! This period will allow the different essential oils to be absorbed into the skin.
Steam Period 20 minutes
- Steam will start.
- This will allow the pores of the body to open for ideal essential oil penetration. This will be absorbed through the skin, leaving the skin soft/smooth
- Bear in mind, in case of power failure the automated system will be set on manual by your therapist who will be entering the Rasul area at this time.
- Please use one of the four hand showers positioned on the left and right of each bench and set on cold (all right hand taps) to cool the body should it get to hot for you or you start feeling uncomfortable.
Transition Period 3 minutes
- Steam will stop, transitioning into a light misty rain.
Rain Period 10min
- The cool light mist rain shower will cleanse the body, rinsing the perspired toxins from the skin.
- This will also help to cool down the body after the steam/heat treatment, allowing blood pressure to return close to normal.
- After the rain period, leave the chamber and enjoy a refreshing shower, preferably with cold water which will close the pores again. Then enjoy a vigorous rub down with your towel.
- Relax in the relaxation lounge until your body temperature and pulse rate have returned to normal (Approximately 15-20min)
IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE ANY HEALTH PROBLEMS, DO NOT USE THE RASUL WITHOUT THE EXPRESS CONSENT OF YOUR DOCTOR.