What is a Herbal Poultice Massage?
Herbal Poultice is a warm herbal compress filled with organic herbs is steamed and applied directly to the body with a variety of specialized techniques. The heat, combined with the herbs are absorbed by the body and help to reduce aches & pains, increase lymphatic drainage and condition the skin.
The Herbal Poultice is a deep heat medicinal muscle treatment that dates back to 14th Century Thailand (Ayutthaya) when a hot pack was administered to war-soldiers returning from battle & remains an integral part of Thai Medicine. The body absorbs the heat, combined with the organic herbs to help reduce aches & pains, stimulate circulation, increase lymphatic drainage, detoxify & condition the skin.
Herbal Compress Ball
Warming, Healing & Stimulating
Ingredients: Grounded Pepper Corns; Coriander; Cloves; Crushed Bay Leaves; Dried Rosemary; Sandal Wood, Sage, Rosemary and Geranium Essential Oils
- Black Pepper Corns: Highly Anti-Oxidant and will benefit Blood Pressure.
- Coriander: Anti-Inflammatory properties however also helps to cool the skin after application which internally will help stimulate circulation.
- Cloves: Helps to improve Skin Health as well as fight off infection.
- Bay Leaves: Anti-fungal will also help with any skin infections.
- Rosemary: Natural antiseptic.
- Rosemary: Helps to relieve aches and pains, will help to breakdown the build-up of toxins around the muscles.
- Geranium: Helps to improve circulation and relieve stress.
- Sage: Helps to increase circulation as well as relieve insomnia.
- Sandalwood: Very relaxing and calming benefit.
An overall increase in circulation and relief of muscular pain and tension.
Contra Indications: Pregnancy and Children under 12
The body absorbs the heat, along with the organic herbs to help ease muscle aches & pains.
Herbal Poultice Massage Benefits
- Reduce joint & muscle pain
- Increase circulation & lymphatic flow
- Speed recovery from sports activities
- Ease tension & muscle cramps
- Reduce swelling & inflammation
- Increase flexibility, lengthen taut muscles
- Detoxify; warms & aids the digestive system
- Release blocked energy (melt knots in muscles)
- Increase energy flow throughout the body
- Combat fatigue & stress; energize
- Balance nervous tension; calm
- Remedy for cold, tired or weak legs & feet
- Boost immune system
- Reduce stress & mental fatigue
- Stimulates breathing & clear congestion